Stakeholder Engagement – Business
Stakeholder Engagement Training to build relationships with important constituencies
Communication through multiple channels lets us reach a large audience quickly and persuasively. With the Stakeholder Engagement Training, you can use these opportunities to enhance or protect your reputation.
Communication today is being revolutionised. People can now find out about what is happening in business much more quickly and easily through a myriad of channels from the news to Facebook. While we engage with customers and other stakeholders, we have some influence over their perceptions and behaviour. But vast increases in the volume and speed of information flow, particularly online, are conspiring to make effective communication more of a challenge. This is true for all organisations but for management teams in business, who have so much invested in their Corporate Reputation, it is particularly important.
A company or indeed any organisation that doesn’t know how to deliver its message through end-users’ preferred channels in a way that fits the culture of the audience simply won’t be heard.
In response to this need for more effective Public Relations, Reputation Australia has developed the Messaging for Stakeholder Engagement workshop, an interactive seminar designed to give participants knowledge and practice in how to identify and act on valuable communication opportunities.
Participants gain an understanding of key communication principles. The essence of what constitutes a persuasive message and practice in delivering them in a range of contexts gives participants a solid grounding in this crucial communication skill.
By the end of the program, participants will:
- Be better informed about what constitutes persuasive messages.
- Have an understanding of stakeholders’ requirements and therefore understand how to identify key, persuasive themes.
- Understand how to frame messages in an accessible and relevant way.
- Have a plan for identifying and preparing responses to tough questions.
Stakeholder Engagement – Business
All training programs contain the following. However, programs can be designed specifically to meet your requirements.
- The tangible and intangible value of effective communication
- Identifying communication opportunities
- Messaging – establishing an audience-oriented, outcome-linked core theme
- Exercise 1 – Use the process provided to develop a core theme for stakeholder engagement
- Message packaging – how to structure your message in a tight and compelling manner
- Exercise 2 – Using the Message Planner, draft a suite of themes for stakeholder engagement
- Steering a Q&A – determining the outcome and getting your message across
- Issues such as ‘off-the-record’ or ‘No Comment’
- Exercise 3 – an on-camera practice roleplaying a stakeholder engagement such as a community meeting, media interview or other. These are then played back with critique
- Exercise 4 – another on-camera practice roleplaying a stakeholder engagement such as a community meeting, media interview or other. These are then played back with critique
- Summary and discussion
Our Approach to Training
- We research your business, your industry or business sector and your issues before each program to make the role-play exercises relevant.
- Each course is structured to meet the needs of each individual. This means that you get the maximum return on the time spent in the program.
- Our Trainers are committed to providing individualised coaching in a small group environment.
The Reputation Australia team has been supporting companies and other organisations in a range of communication functions, including building opportunities for stakeholder engagement, for more than 30 years.
Our people are all seasoned veterans with a well-earned reputation in the field.
We have people on the ground in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart. However increasingly, we are delivering programs in an online virtual environment opening up our training solutions and services to a broader audience spread across Australia and around the world.
Contact us to find out more about our solutions.