Media Training for Government
At all tiers of government and the public service are surrounded by stakeholders who, understandably want to know what’s going on. During difficult times, such as hot issue in the media, the demand for government accountability is perhaps greater today than ever before.Dialogue with stakeholders is not just a media affair. Government today is in a dialogue with clients and other stakeholders in person, in print and increasingly, online due to the growing influence of social media.Reputation Australia’s Media Interview Skills for Government Organisations introduces a proven methodology for communicating government messages. Developed in consultation with Federal, State and Local government organisations, the interactive workshop trains participants at any level of the organisation to represent their department or government entity with skill and confidence.
Benefits of media training for the public service includes:
- Improved skills of government spokespersons to communicate effectively to important stakeholders via the media
- Enhanced understanding about what constitutes a public sector news story
- More skilled communicators who can analyse an issue and the relevant stakeholders to create meaningful and effective messages
- Ensuring that the organisation’s position will be clearly communicated with greater confidence that it will be undiluted
- An understanding of journalists’ requirements and therefore understand how to identify good news stories within their own organisation.
- Being able to identify a news angle and prepare a useable message – and get it used on air, in print or online.
- Having a plan for identifying and preparing responses to tough questions.
Participants explore how to conduct on camera and over the phone interviews. Press, radio, TV and social media interviews are clearly explained.
Programs are tailored to your organisation’s specific requirements, your most important media, your issues and the existing skill level of participants.
With workplaces becoming more flexible and more staff working remotely, more and more people working from home, our training programs have been modified to work online. Log onto a training program from any computer and join in. It saves a lot of time and trouble in flying people in from all corners of the country.
Programs are conducted at your premises anywhere in Australia or even online, making it easier for participants to attend.
Any number of participants can be included and sessions can be conducted in as little as two or three hours.
Reputation Australia conducts training programs across Australia with consultants on the ground in:
- Or ANYWHERE at all – ONLINE
Reputation Australia has been delivering media training to government across Australia since 2003. Our people come from a government background and have been involved in high-profile government projects on the inside – not just as consultants. This wealth of experience means that Reputation Australia has expertise in delivering communication solutions for government over a wide variety of situations.
To find out how a Mastering Media workshop can add value to your government sector organisation, please contact us.