Speech Writing – Business
Speech Writing in Business is a valuable talent. This course develops skills to write better speeches for oneself or for others. People who lack speech-writing experience in business would benefit from this workshop.
The program is available in person-to-person mode or as a self-paced online learning program through our virtual training room at Reputation Online Learning.
The emphasis is on writing speeches that will capture and hold an audience’s attention. This often is a difficult adjustment for many to make, because they are more accustomed to writing formulaic reports designed for functional efficiency, lacking in human personality. The greatest discovery most participants make is that they are allowed to write speeches that are designed to be persuasive, engaging and even entertaining.
This workshop will equip anyone responsible for preparing speeches for themselves or colleagues. The bulk of the session is a hands-on workshop devoted to developing practical skills. Participants either work alone or in pairs, write parts of their own speeches, then give and receive feedback from other participants.
- Writing in a lively and engaging fashion
- The importance of the introduction
- Speech structures
- The power of telling stories
- The powerful conclusion
Speech Writing – Business
It is important to distinguish between this program (that addresses the art of speech writing) from our Powerful Presentations workshop (that develops the presentation skills of public speakers). Speech writing is a skill that is more than writing an essay. It’s a succinct preparation of thoughts, messages and triggers to engage an audience.
By the end of the program, participants will:
- Appreciate the function of a speech as distinct from the preparation of a written report.
- Have an understanding of how to research essential elements for a speech, how to interview the person who will deliver the speech (if applicable).
- Understand how to structure a speech, starting with a powerful opening, through to a memorable conclusion, incorporating a call-to-action, if appropriate.
- Know how to write a speech that gets the message across to the audience in an informative, persuasive and engaging way.
Participants receive a suite of training resource called, ‘Writing Successful Speeches’. It consists of:
- a complete set of course notes covered during the sessions
- a templates for developing a speech plan, a structure for the speech
- a speechwriter’s checklist
- a sample speech
- and more.
Irrespective of whether the course is done in one-hit or spread over multiple sessions, whether it is delivered in-person or online, all programs contain the following. However, programs can be designed specifically to meet your requirements.
- Main characteristics of a speech
- Break down of what is needed for a good speech
- The speechwriting process
- Interviewing (yourself or others)
- Organising and writing
- About the spoken word
- Conveying your conviction
Our Approach to Training
- Each course is structured to meet the needs of participants. This means that you get the maximum return on the time spent in the program.
- Our Trainers are committed to individualised coaching in a small group environment.
The Reputation Australia team has been supporting companies in a range of industries and sectors, including preparing and drafting speeches. We’ve been doing this for more than 30 years.
Our people come from various backgrounds in business and government and are seasoned veterans with a well-earned reputation in the field.
We have people on the ground in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart. However increasingly, we are delivering programs in an online virtual environment opening up our training solutions and services to a broader audience spread across Australia and around the world.
Contact us to find out more about our solutions.