PR Training – Business
PR Training – Business: A skills development program for in-house PR professionals.
The media can be a valuable channel through which to reach a large audience quickly and persuasively.
With the right skills, you can use these opportunities to enhance or protect the reputation of your business.
The media today has revolutionised the way people find out about what is happening in the world. There is however one serious side-effect. In the 21st century, more than ever before, we have to manage misinformation. Vast increases in the volume and speed of information flow, particularly online, have altered the way media operates. There are fewer checks and balances, which makes life difficult for a spokesperson who is not confident and credible.
PR Training for Business is an interactive seminar designed for people who are new to the field of Public Relations. It is designed to give participants knowledge, tools and practice in how to identify valuable media opportunities and articulate important public messages through the media.
Moreover, as a team of experienced media and PR professionals, Reputation Australia is available to support your organisation with PR advice on either an on-going or as-needed basis.
PR Training – Business
Participants gain an understanding of the media and its ways. The essence of what constitutes a good news story and the importance of preparation are emphasised. Real TV News examples are used to illustrate specific techniques.
By the end of the program, participants will:
- Be better informed about what makes a news story.
- Have an understanding of journalists’ requirements.
- Be able to identify a news angle and prepare a usable message – and get it used on air, in print or online.
- Have a plan for identifying and preparing responses to tough questions.
- Have a working knowledge of how to use social media as a communication channel.
- Know how to draft and place a news release in the media.
- Have new tools that can be used in their own organisation.
In addition to a suite of PR tools, participants also receive a copy of ‘Mastering Media in the 21st Century’.
PR Training for Business Structure
Part 1: Newsworthiness and Messaging
- Generating Coverage – what constitutes a news story?
- Messaging – what would be the most effective thing to say? And how is that best expressed in a usable media format?
- Developing a news release
- Exercise 1 – Participants develop a news release for a specific story
- ‘Selling in’ a news story – The best approach when taking a story to the press
Part 2: Media Training
- Basic media interview skills – the essential knowledge of a skillful media spokesperson
- Exercise 2 – Participants identify and draft a media statement for use in
a given scenario and practice being interviewed.
Part 3: Developing a Public Relations Plan
- Ten elements of PR planning from Situation Analysis to budgeting and performance measurement.
Part 4: Digital media
- The online media space – use of social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter plus monitoring tools to keep in touch with what others are saying about your organisation.
Our Approach to PR Training
- We research your organisation, your industry and your issues before each program to make the session relevant and realistic.
- Each course is structured to meet the needs of participants. This means that you get the maximum return on the time spent in the program.
- Our Trainers provide individualised coaching in a small group environment.
The Reputation Australia team has been supporting companies and other organisations in a range of communication functions, including preparing and implementing PR strategies and individual campaigns. We’ve been doing this for more than 30 years.
Our people are all seasoned veterans with a well-earned reputation in the field.
We have people on the ground in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart. However increasingly, we are delivering PR Training – Business in an online virtual environment opening up our training solutions and services to a broader audience spread across Australia and around the world.
Contact us to find out more about our solutions.